I decided to mix up my photo/ text order here just for funsies…trying to figure out the best *aesthetic*. But that doesn’t mean you can skip out on my fun little commentary after you check out the pics 😉
This Friday is Alec’s first birthday as a married couple (!!!) but we will be off flying to new adventures so I threw him a spicy quarter-of-a-century 25th bday fiesta this past weekend! The weather was PERF, the food was delish, and my confidence was high since I spent a really long time prepping for this party and it turned out great! We had a custom snapchat filter (that I failed to actually save to my phone within 24 hours…boo), a photo booth (that suffered slightly from the wind), and sooo many yummy treats!
Originally I contacted a few bakeries to see if they could make an impressive fiesta themed cake but they either didn’t have enough notice from me or $$$$. SO I was like “you know what, I can bake just fine!” So I made the coolest and yummiest lemon & raspberry four-layer cactus cake. Then I was like “man I need a cool topper” and Alec and I have this joke about baby groot (also he’s adorable so thats the only reason you really need) and I looked all over for this little baby groot toy to use as a topper and it was sold out everywhere!! So then I was like “welp…here we go” and I spent nearly two hours crafting the little guy out of fondant and black dye and edible green powder and I’m not saying Duff Goldman is going to call me anytime soon, but I was pretty proud of my first time cake decorating skills. I also made mini key lime pies, fiesta macarons, & tequila sunrise jello shots!
SO yeah, I hope the party was a hit, babe! I’ll leave my “I love Alec and I can’t believe you’re 25” post for Friday!
TEQUILA SUNRISE JELLO SHOT RECIPE
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 1 cup grenadine
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (4 teaspoons)
- jello shot cups (I got these from Party City)
- Pour half a cup of the grenadine in a small saucepan and sprinkle with half a packet (1 teaspoon) of unflavored gelatin. Allow it to soak in a minute or so. Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves. Stir in the remaining half cup of grenadine.
- Place shot glasses on a sheet pan and evenly distribute the red mixture among the shot glasses (fill about half to 3/4 of the way full). Place in refrigerator and allow to lightly set, about 30-45 minutes. (Until they are no longer liquidy).
- While red layer sets, make orange layer. Pour orange juice into the saucepan. Sprinkle the rest of the gelatin, 1.5 packets (3 teaspoons), over the top. Allow it to soak in a minute or two. Heat on medium, stirring constantly until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in tequila.
- Once red layer has lightly set, pour the slightly warm orange mixture over the top. Return to refrigerator and allow to fully set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
Check the links below for more top blog posts:
3 thoughts on “Alec’s 25th Fiesta”
Why am I not in any of these photos smh