Okay did July fly by or did July fly by??? I see all these memes that say jaaaaanuary febbbbruary maaaarch aprilllll mayjunejuly and I couldn’t agree more. Gosh I really feel like life is so crazy right now and you know that feeling where it feels like you aren’t even in your body? Like you aren’t yourself and not necessarily in a terrible way but you just feel really weird. Yeah…that’s me lately. Work is just a lot and I am so obsessed with our new house but unpacking is a lot and buying furniture is $$$. Life just feels like it’s going a million miles a minute right now. So I wanted to take a sec to sit back and reflect on some things going on in my life and share 12 random thoughts with you all! I promise I will have some more focused content soon lol.
- I am currently sitting on my new back patio (wooo!!!) and the sprinklers just started up and Piper (our 4-month old kitten) is freaking out in the middle of it all. But she seriously LOVES water, she is so weird, so she keeps running through it.
- Have you ever had a can of Spindrift? They didn’t have the La Croix flavors I like at Costco this last trip so I tried these instead and I like them WAY better. They are sparkling water but with a splash of real fruit juice (like grapefruit, lemon, or raspberry lime) and they actually taste like it!
- I am going to try to keep the house thoughts to a minimum even though house stuff is occupying 74% of my brain lately, but it is so fun having a freezer that is bigger than the size of my hand for once and even after a solid Costco haul, there is still plenty of room! Frozen dinners for days.
- Speaking of frozen dinners, I’ve just felt kind of dead and uninspired in life in general lately (probably because that 74% of my brain is being chewed away with house thoughts while I sit on my butt at my desk job for 8 hours a day) and despite having a killer kitchen, the last thing I’ve been wanting to do is cook dinner at night. So a couple nights ago we baked Trader Joe’s battered halibut and tbh it was really really good. Add it to your TJ list.
- I have been day dreaming about going to Italy lately. It’s one of those things where you really want what you can’t have (because we, ya know, are trying to furnish a HOUSE). But I realllllly want to go all the way from Lake Como to Positano and everything in between.
- You know what else is nice? (sorry, another house thing….tbh it probably won’t be the last) Having a hose is really nice….I used to take cup fulls of water to water my herb garden on our apartment patio and now, I hose them down for 10 seconds and we are good to go.
- Everyone go tell @_alec to let me buy wallpaper to create an accent wall for the laundry room, thanks.
- We have a big fat home security system that we got all hooked up but I am so paranoid that I am going to forget to shut it off when I get back home or that Piper will set it off at work and the louuuuud alarm will go off. I am just as stressed with it as I was without it.
- I got to be a bride again this weekend in a styled shoot and I am super super excited to see the pics!! It was such a different look than our actual wedding and different from The Big Fake Wedding we did last year. Our house is just going to be filled with pics of me in all these different wedding dresses hahaha (also those snazzy b&w pics above are post-bridal shoot)
- I just started up my Sweat app again and am super committed to doing BBG. I haven’t, like, let myself go, but I certainly am not as toned as I was 2.5 years ago at my wedding. I have big plans for 2020 and want to be looking bomb dot com for them.
- I really want to start working from home. Especially because I am in marketing and 100% of my work is on a computer anyways. I need to chit chat with my boss about it and Sara, if you found this post and are reading it, can I work from home??
- Wow already at 12?! I had a lot on my mind I guess…I mean, the sprinklers are still going! I am really grateful for all the friendships I have made in the past year and a half here in WA. So many new friends and opportunities and this was something I was really worried about and even about 6 months ago, I didn’t have hardly any friends here. It takes time and effort for sure but it really does all fall into place. I am really glad I was patient and didn’t force anything because I have some really killer ladies in my life right now. On the flip side, I am really trying to make an effort to maintain all my friendships in CA too. I have some really really amazing friends in CA that I don’t want to let trickle away any time soon! I’ve really learned that you have to be a good friend to have good friends and it is a two way street. Even just a “hi I was thinking about you” text or replying to a snapchat can go a long way and maintain those friendships that really matter to you!
4 thoughts on “August Update + 12 Things”
Hi Heather, I tried to find your contact info on your blog without any luck, so I hope it’s okay I connect with you here in the comments! Please let me know if you’re doing collabs? If so, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org and then I’d love to tell you some more! Thanks 🙂
Hey girl! DM on Instagram! I’d love to chat! @heatherfernxo
Keep sharing the house content, I love it!!! Especially since we just got a house 😉
Aww congrats! How exciting! I will make sure to keep sharing once things get more and more put together!