Hey y’all (this just feels like a “y’all” post for some reason). It is finnnnallly barely starting to feel like Fall here in Washington today! Yes I am fully aware that it is still “technically” summer blah blah BUT it is September which means Fall to me! I am so excited to start doing some Autumn-y activities but before the weather starts to turn on us, we wanted to get this one out of the way (and I have a feeling we will be back because Alec had so much fun). We drove 578 miles into the middle of nowhere with our friends Josh & Kristina and went shotgun & pistol shooting! I know I know, very BA. We shot through 100 clay skeet pigeon things and my should was thoroughly sore the next day from the kickback. Alec bought a shotgun before we were married (and before I get say no because I don’t like the idea of guns in the home) but it was actually really fun.
So here’s what I learned:
- Don’t wear cute shoes because they will get dirty.
- Bring padding (or wrap your jacket around your arm like Tina did because if you are frail, apparently like us, you’ll bruise.
- Drinking voss water and eating salami while on a shooting excursion will in fact make you feel classier.
- “Red means dead” so always keep the safety on. Duh. (that’s an important one).
- Don’t record yourself shooting a shotgun in slow motion because the way it makes your body/ skin shake is mildly horrifying and it will give you a stigma.
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” is a skeptical statement because I did in fact take lots of shots at the clay disc things and I missed about 90% of them.