I am just obsessed with this Quinoa Chicken Asian Salad and TRUST ME, you will be too!
This delicious bowl of yum is so healthy which is great since this married lifestyle includes a lot more calories than before so I have to get my health in where I can! It is an easy salad to make…the only time-taker is cutting up the veggies for it. This will take you mayyyyybe 30 minutes (aka put on an episode of Friends and you’re done!) and it makes a ton so not only will this feed Alec and I tonight, we will both have lunch for tomorrow with it, too! Yay for leftovers & saving money! Bon appetite, hungry readers!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 scallions, whites and greens sliced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white meat rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed (I just shred up the two breasts)
- 1 1/2 (I do 3/4 of the cabbage) cups finely shredded cabbage (such as napa, red, green or a combination)
- 1 cup thinly sliced (size of a matchstick) carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced on the bias
- A sprinkle of black sesame seeds to taste
Cook the quinoa according to package directions, set aside to cool.
Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ginger, scallions and garlic then immediately turn off the heat and stir. Let cool slightly for a few minutes, then whisk in the lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
Combine the cooked quinoa, chicken, cabbage, carrots and peas in a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.