Allllright let me keep this short and sweet. This is a Half Baked Harvest recipe and I really don’t have much to change about this recipe so I fully give her credit for one of my absolute favorite go-to recipes. I literally couldn’t stop eating it. I’m so stuffed and am barely able to type because I ate so much but couldn’t wait another second to share this with you! So without further ado, your new fave chicken recipe (so moist!!!!!):
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio (that’s what I used) or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or canned full fat coconut milk (I used half & half)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grainy dijon mustard
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, skin on or off (I do skin off)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (I didn’t use this)
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped (I didn’t use this)
- mashed potatoes or steamed rice, for serving (I add half & half, butter, and salt to my my Yukon gold potatoes and mix with an electric hand mixer)
1. In the bowl of your slow cooker, combine the wine, milk/cream, both mustards, shallots, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
2. Rub the chicken with thyme, sage, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place directly into the slow cooker, skin side up, along with any juices left in the skillet. Add the butter.
3. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours (I did 5 on low). During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the parmesan and kale, gently tossing to combine.
4. Serve the chicken over mashed potatoes or rice and spoon the creamy mustard sauce over top the chicken. Serve with additional herbs and parmesan.